Wednesday 28 March 2012

Evaluation - Question 5

How did you attract/address your audience?




The first way I have attracted my audience which is both males and females in the age range of 16-24 is through the use of the multi gender colour scheme. The colour scheme I have used throughout my magazine is maroon, black, white and grey; therefore, these colours that I selected not only represents the genre my magazine is but it also represents the audience my lmagazine targets.

In addition to this, I have also considered the type of content that I will include in my magazine so I have considered what interests my readers? As a result I have included a variety of pages that include contents on gigs and festivals as this would be a massive interest point within my target audience. Additionally, I have included articles that are linked to male and female artists so this again applies to my male and female audience therefore, both will enjoy the articles included. To push this way of attracting my audience further, I have advertised a competition on my front page which is to win tickets to an indie/rock band - this would be a continuous competition throughout the issues where the artist will change every week. This is a good way of attracting my audience as again a large amount of their interest will be in gigs, festivals and concerts; as a result, by advertising a competition where the reader could win tickets to possible events will really intrigue and attract my reader.

Lastly, I involved social media into my magazine; amongst my audience technology is important as a large majority of my target market will be active on social networking sites. Due to this I have made it evident to my readers within my magazine that the magazine not only has a website but are also using other social networking sites such as Youtube and Twitter. This means that readers will always be up to date with the latest news on our magazine; additionally, through the website they will have access to our "magazine archive" where they can read previous issues, also through the website they can look at the subscriptions we provide etc. I also provided my readers with an app which they could download on smart phones so they can also read my magazine electronically as opposed to just with the paper copy. 

Combining all these methods of attracting my audience together, links to the Uses and Gratification theory as my audience will read my magazine for escapism. As a result, by providing them content they would be interested in and allowing them to access the magazine in a variety of ways means that the magazine will meet the readers needs and wants and enable them to use the magazine for escapism.

No comments:

Post a Comment